ART WORKSHOPS FOR KIDS AND TEENS
- We recognise, nurture and value the gift of creative children and offer Age specific ART workshops for children age 6yrs - 16yrs where they learn the fundamental elements of art.
- Children will grasp an understanding of composition, proportion, scale, perspective, colour theory, light & form. Wonderful for those who simply love art, or a constant support for those working on scholarships into high school or with GCSE portfolios.
- The secret to our success is teaching art techniques in a fun and engaging way. It's wonderful to see students flourish and grow confidently in their own skin by encouraging them to explore their creativity without worrying.
- Mixed media activities include using pencils, pastels, acrylics, watercolour, collage, pen & ink and printmaking to name but a few! Workshops are sometimes explored through the eyes of famous artists from the past giving an introduction to art history; and famous, or well known artists in the present day are introduced, often striking a chord especially if they are from Yorkshire!
- Our home studio is a bright, welcoming and happy place providing a safe, well organised and inspiring environment.
- We provide you with written information sheets highlighting the project inspiration, methods, and key learning objectives.
- Choose weekly after school workshops during term time, one off holiday workshops or daytime workshops for home schooled children.
- Small groups of a maximum of 6 children are to ensure individual attention in a calm and friendly setting.
- To see more photos scroll down and click on one in the gallery to see many more on our Instagram page @rigbydesignhouseart
Whilst offering carefully guided tuition during the creative process, we truly strive to stimulate children’s thoughts, feelings, and imagination, inspiring and encouraging each child to visually express their own ideas. By “down playing” the aesthetic value of the finished picture or painting takes the pressure off and allows them to feel uninhibited and less frightened of making mistakes. Therefore we don’t provide them with examples to follow but allow children to truly explore techniques in their individual ways. Music often plays a key role in their focus and ability to learn.
All Workshops are filled on a first come, first served basis and places are limited to 6 children in term time, and 8 during holidays. To avoid disappointment, payment is required in full via our Payment links to secure your child/children's place. Settlement of your payment will be deemed as full acceptance of our Workshop Terms & Conditions.
KIDS ART PARTIES
Please ask for details!
Gift certificates make wonderful presents for those you just can’t think of what to buy.
An experience they will always remember.
Please contact us for details!
Rigby Design House holds full Public Liability Insurance.
Rigby Design House holds current DBS and Child Safeguarding Certificates.
Please contact us with any questions.